2/23/10

>>>




(CNN) -- Nearly half the world's primate species are in danger of extinction, according to a report released Wednesday by a major conservation group.
The main threat facing primates -- including apes, monkeys, and lemurs -- is tropical forest destruction, with the illegal wildlife trade and commercial bush meat hunting also playing roles.
Scientists say primates are humankind's closest animal relatives.
Of the world's 634 primate species, 48 percent are threatened with extinction, according to the report, issued by the International Union for Conservation of Nature. The Switzerland-based group calls itself the world's oldest global environmental organization.
"This report makes for very alarming reading," said Christoph Schwitzer, an adviser to the group, in a statement. "Support and action to help save these species is vital if we are to avoid losing these wonderful animals forever."
A handful of primate species count populations in the dozens. For example, there are just 60 to 70 Asian monkeys known as golden headed langurs, found only on an island in Vietnam's Gulf of Tonkin.
There are fewer than 100 remaining northern sportive lemurs, which live in Madagascar, and around 110 eastern black crested gibbons, found in northeastern Vietnam.
The report, which details the 25 most endangered primates, has been issued biannually by the International Union for Conservation of Nature since 2000. It will be formally released Thursday at Britain's Bristol Zoo Gardens.




yunno' I looked through all of the animals, and it's all of my favorite little creatures. it's just terrifying to think what this world is coming too. you can tell the planet is changing drastically, why is everyone so damn lazy about it? it could be to the simplest thing as to not throwing your cigarette butt out the window. that takes THREE years to disintegrate. when is three years? 2012. okay maybe that's me being crazy but c'mon people. what is it going to take to get society to appreciate our one lone planet. I just wish people could see how fucked we are doesn't mean we have to reflect that onto our planet.









Photobucket

I just want to go back to this hidden treasure I found in Asbury.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I ordered four movies last night:
wild at heart
the edukators
mysterious skin
ed wood.

this movie collection is growing haaaaiii


So I wake up this morning to my mother and Bob cooking breakfast upstairs. &all I wanted was to have some egg whites and cheese. Nope. they don't leave me any eggs. like I eat anyway. thanks guys. whatever.
I didn't get a chance to watch brown bunny yesterday. but I heard that film was terrible from numerous people. only worth while part is when chloe sevigly is giving him a rowrob. oh well. give everything a try once, right?
I finished my paper last night. came out pretty well. I'd give me an A-! class @ 3:30. possible coffeelife talk with mike k, mmm. I need to get some more girl friends. but then again, we're a dying bread.






Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

[debating on going this color]
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: