8/20/09

quarter-life crisis?

Characteristics of quarter-life crisis may include[citation needed]:
feeling "not good enough" because one can't find a job that is at one's academic/intellectual level
frustration with relationships, the working world, and finding a suitable job or career
confusion of identity
insecurity regarding the near future
insecurity concerning long-term plans, life goals
insecurity regarding present accomplishments
re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
disappointment with one's job
nostalgia for university, college, high school or elementary school life
tendency to hold stronger opinions
boredom with social interactions
loss of closeness to high school and college friends
financially-rooted stress (overwhelming college loans, unanticipatedly high cost of living, etc.)
loneliness
desire to have children
a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you
frustration with societal ills


Now it all makes sense to me now. cate told me about this idea because all we talk about our the things mentioned above and it's frightening as fuck to accept it is time to grow up. things are changing, mostly/hopefully for the better. as for some people, it's sad to see how much they fake the change and probab;y never really will understand.

today I went to mac and treated myself to new eyebrows. I can't not wear anything. I like the dramatic look. well the most natural dramatic look as possible. then headed over to Electric tattoo and talked to binky! he was super nice and I'm so excited to finally get tattooed on monday. like REALLY tattooed. he said he was siked as well. such a small world cause when I was in forev21 the dood working there asked where I went and I recommended binky to him. and right when we walk in, binky's tattooing him! sucha small world. but then again, welcome to new jersey!

I got my letter in about the financial aid, it says I don't qualify which is a load of crap considering my home/financial situation. so i'm going to brookdale as soon as I can to talk to the financial aid department. I still have one more thing to do to fax over. but whatever there's only so much I can do in one day! never enough hours in the day, it's so sad with how much we try to cram in one day but that's life I guess!



I'm really tired and cooking myself some yummy greens and spanish rice which is phenomenal! l8r.

0 comments: